Sadie Kingman for Catalinbread and Subdecay

March 27, 2010

Sadie and Brett Kingman demonstrate the Catalinbread Teaser Stallion, Semaphore and Subdecay Echobox. Individually and as a combination.

Comments

25 Responses to “Sadie Kingman for Catalinbread and Subdecay”

1. rowsler on March 27th, 2010 2:15 am

Hi brett great video ! and so adorable sadie. you must think about to have a drumm for him

2. Burgerman666 on March 27th, 2010 2:56 am

Yeah, it’s a really cool pedal. It’s a little different to others. There’s some distortion in there, a little fuzz. I don’t know what the difference is between this one and the new one except for the 18V capability (the new one). I must find out.. Hey, thanks for watching! 🙂

3. 2020shredfest1980 on March 27th, 2010 3:18 am

This teaser sounds really nice…what is the difference tonally between the older and the newer one’s ? Just cosmetics ? I does seem (from the other demo atleast) to have enough gain to rival any of the so called ‘Marshall in a box’ pedals for sure….Cheers !!!

4. Burgerman666 on March 27th, 2010 3:40 am

Yep, you’re right about that. There’s something about the combination of that earlier model Teaser Stallion and a
    Telecaster that no one really clicked on to. You could be one of the first to really recognize it. Nice one.

There is no real relation between the CB and TS. The CB is an out and out Plexi emulator and the Teaser has a character all of its own – thank the lord! More reason to find one, I reckon. 😉

5. DovoodooMiracleman on March 27th, 2010 4:10 am

That Catalinbread Teaser just bleeds tone…awesome demo! How does the gain compare to the crunchbox of your other demo? Got to love that accent too. She’s a natural Little Ms. Nicole Kidman. Keep it Up!

6. Burgerman666 on March 27th, 2010 4:29 am

At the time of filming this was a stock US Standard Telecaster, 2000 or 2001, I forget which. No modifications whatsoever. All I’ve done since is put some handwound vintage spec pickups in it as per the Brierley video (on my channel).

7. JHAKEJHERA on March 27th, 2010 5:16 am

what is your telecaster and modifications

cheers

8. Jb5258 on March 27th, 2010 5:34 am

good vid 2:34 lol!!!!!

9. scorpguitar79 on March 27th, 2010 5:38 am

awesome vid cute daughter great sounds coming from that tele! 5 stars

10. solartakfar on March 27th, 2010 6:36 am

Little Miss Gear, true that! Wonder if my own kids will be as interested in my pedals once I have them (the kids… the pedals I have already)

11. SweBass on March 27th, 2010 7:12 am

GREAT guitar player

12. fabbola on March 27th, 2010 7:51 am

Cute as Heck !!

13. NeatStar on March 27th, 2010 8:24 am

Yes! Bring on Little Miss Gear!

14. KaiRobin on March 27th, 2010 8:49 am

what a great vid, when is your kid gonna rock out on a solo?

15. gearmanndude on March 27th, 2010 9:49 am

Nice CD holder! That’s genius! Very cool demo with your kid too…I’d do one with mine, but it would be complete chaos….

ROCK ON!

GMD

16. tatoi on March 27th, 2010 10:32 am

hey man, awesome daughter! I enjoyed watching the vid;)

17. FranklinD on March 27th, 2010 11:26 am

Nice demo Sadie!!

18. subdecay on March 27th, 2010 11:34 am

Also, when using an effects loop, keep in mind that not all amps are the same. Some effects loops expect signal levels far different than your average guitar would produce. This can be problematic with just about any pedal, not just the echobox. Your mileage may vary.

19. subdecay on March 27th, 2010 12:25 pm

hey guys,
    The issue with the echobox and high gain apply to most other delay pedals as well. If you use delay in front of a lot of gain it just sounds washed and messy.
    The echobox also has a noise gate after the delay line, whereas most other delays use compander circuits. Any noise from the delay line is shut off a couple seconds after delays trail off, whereas a compander based delay would do a hard shutoff, and might even have a clicking sound to it.

20. Burgerman666 on March 27th, 2010 12:36 pm

Stoopid me. I just remembered I shot that clip with my Valvestate 80 which has…an effects loop. So, just for you, I will shoot another clip, with the Echobox through the loop, hi-gain, and up it tomorrow or not long after. OK? We aim to please. 🙂

21. Burgerman666 on March 27th, 2010 1:21 pm

Interesting question and one which I can’t answer because all of my valve amps are of the old-school design. However, I do think that because the Echobox would come AFTER the pre-amp gain in an fx-loop scenario, that you should be OK. I’ll ask Brian Marshall to chip in here. Stay tuned. 🙂

22. Stringprodigy on March 27th, 2010 1:30 pm

What about in the FX loop? I would reconsider purchasing the Echobox again if I could use it for high gain applications. It would be interesting to see how it compares to the Skreddy Echo…

23. Burgerman666 on March 27th, 2010 2:27 pm

Thanks for the kind comment. 🙂 Re the Echobox noise issue: It only happens if you run it in FRONT of high gain stuff, not behind. Since I run it last in the pedal chain and then into a clean amp everything is bliss. 🙂

24. Stringprodigy on March 27th, 2010 2:31 pm

Just a heads up…I owned the Echobox as well. It’s not meant to be used with high gain pedals and amps. Great vid, Brett!

25. fatback2 on March 27th, 2010 2:59 pm