T-Rex Gristle King: with Tele and SG

November 11, 2010

t-rex-effects.com If you want to skip my raving the actual demo starts at 1 The Gristle King is an astonishingly good combination of overdrive (DGTM) and booster (Luxury Drive) But oh, so much more. I’m having an affair with this one. It may need to be surgically removed from my board. Have a look and a listen and tell me what you think.

Comments

25 Responses to “T-Rex Gristle King: with Tele and SG”

1. Burgerman666 on November 11th, 2010 10:25 am

@chapintex1 I can’t, unfortunately. Jetter have refused all offers to demo their gear on this channel and I haven’t had the opportunity to try one otherwise. Sorry!

2. chapintex1 on November 11th, 2010 10:25 am

How would you compare this to the Jetter Jetdrive V2?

3. macbury18 on November 11th, 2010 11:11 am

awesome, I may have to get one of them…

4. jotunbjorn on November 11th, 2010 11:53 am

Very informative. I thought they were grasshoppers.

5. catfishanthony on November 11th, 2010 12:15 pm

now thats a perfect demo fantastic !!!!

6. punkmusicmetal on November 11th, 2010 12:55 pm

dude, this pedal sounds amazing….

7. Burgerman666 on November 11th, 2010 1:29 pm

@freeguitar84 Thanks! The sample was lifted from the T-Rex ‘The Groover’ track. It’s a killer. Marc Bolan RIP. 🙂

8. freeguitar84 on November 11th, 2010 2:12 pm

Great demo!! Yes indeed!!
    And please can you tell me the title of the song in the back at the beginning of the demo?

9. jjkrause84 on November 11th, 2010 3:06 pm

@charleycarpenter

Thanks dude! Very much appreciate it. NMV amps sure are fun but they also come with their own set of problems, I’m finding.

I’ll have to start penny-pinchign and saving up for a Gristle King now! 😉

10. charleycarpenter on November 11th, 2010 3:40 pm

@jjkrause84

perfect overdrive to use as a second channel (thats pretty much what I do) and the dynamics and clean up are better than any other overdrive that I have used (and I have used quite a few)

11. charleycarpenter on November 11th, 2010 3:58 pm

Hello

just picked one of these up (from Ebay UK) thanks largely due to your video and very positive online reviews.

Still in the honeymoon period but Absolutely love it!!!!!!! so versatile.

so rare to find a pedal that does everything (light-heavy overdrive/tubescreamer/booster) and also does everything so well!!

so just a message to say thanks for an awesome review

charley

12. jjkrause84 on November 11th, 2010 4:46 pm

Hey dude.

Great demo, thanks a bunch.

Can you please tell me how well you thought it cleaned up with the volume pot (I knwo there’s a brief demonstration here but it only shows so much). How responsive was it to your pick dynamics? I’m sorta looking for a “second channel”-type OD and was wondering if this might be it.

Cheers!

13. TheRealErob on November 11th, 2010 4:54 pm

seems like a satchurator on steroids… as far as the knob layout and more switch

14. Ghop7577 on November 11th, 2010 5:32 pm

i wonder if the gk would sound good in front of an already distorted amplifier?? can you get tubescreamer like sounds out of it? thx

15. crazyfreak1919 on November 11th, 2010 5:37 pm

second flavor (right) sounds like a cranked ac30

16. Burgerman666 on November 11th, 2010 6:27 pm

Thanks! I’ve no idea where you can buy it in Oz. You’ll have to contact the distributors – Australis. You might be better off grabbing one from one of the online sellers though as the Australian prices are ridiculous.

17. 29396 on November 11th, 2010 6:36 pm

that was epic man;
    where in australia can i buy this?!
    (preferrably somewhere in nsw, but as long as it’s in aus it’s fine…)

18. Burgerman666 on November 11th, 2010 7:28 pm

Gristle King for all round greatness with both types of guitars – humbuckers and single coils. HotWired for Teles and Strats – too much thick mid emphasis for humbuckers (for mine).

19. waynemccrary on November 11th, 2010 7:58 pm

gristle king or hot wired???

20. Burgerman666 on November 11th, 2010 8:45 pm

A Laney VC50 amp. All equipment details are disclosed at 2:45. Thanks for watching. 🙂

21. spudgun05 on November 11th, 2010 9:08 pm

are you playing through an amp or pc ,if so what amp is it please

22. Erock09291 on November 11th, 2010 10:01 pm

no problem. a friend of mine recently got the box and we jammed on it for a couple hours. this pedal is great, but for just a straightup kinda fuzzy sound the box is the stuff

23. econgblues626 on November 11th, 2010 10:25 pm

thanks for your input bro!

24. Erock09291 on November 11th, 2010 10:44 pm

don’t return the box o’ rock! i know it’s tiny, but the sound is monumental! given the choice between the gristle king and the bor i’d take the box… don’t get me wrong. both are amazing. the king is on my Christmas list too though…

25. econgblues626 on November 11th, 2010 11:10 pm

god damn this is going to be on my xmas list! fuck it sounds soooooo god damn good! i just bought the zvex Box of Rock and i think im gonna have to return that!