Tech 21 SansAmp British – SHORT version

December 13, 2010

www.tech21nyc.com. Please check the credits at the end of the clip for the recording process. Here’s a shorter version of my Tech 21 SansAmp British demo. It’s a great tool if you want instant Marshall coolness on stage or in the studio. Rawk!!

Comments

21 Responses to “Tech 21 SansAmp British – SHORT version”

1. pratfrederic on December 13th, 2010 10:00 am

I’d like to try it plugged into my Marshall class5
    Did you compare with Catalinbread DLS ?

2. claudiodifazio14 on December 13th, 2010 10:19 am

@remotecontrol1324 I’ll recommend the Us Steel

3. Burgerman666 on December 13th, 2010 10:57 am

@aeterni7 No, I’ve never been paid by anyone. Sometimes I’m allowed to hang on to the pedal though. Sometimes. It’s about time I started charging – don’t you think? 😀

4. aeterni7 on December 13th, 2010 11:04 am

Hey do you work for Tech 21?

5. SeymourHoosierDaddy on December 13th, 2010 11:37 am

I’ve had two products from Tech 21 and I’ve yet to find a better company that makes pedals. There stuff just rocks. I’ve got the G2 and it sounds great going directly into the board even.. I use it to record with and to back up my amp.. Killer sounding..
    Tim

6. Burgerman666 on December 13th, 2010 11:54 am

@IAMJOHNNYTHEFOX Sure you can. You just have to tame the top end a little, that’s all. The newer models (Oxford, Leeds, US Steel) have a button that does this for you. Very handy. Perhaps updated versions of this one and the other ‘first’ models will also have that facility. We’ll have to wait and see..

7. IAMJOHNNYTHEFOX on December 13th, 2010 12:33 pm

@Burgerman666 so you can’t use it through an amp?

8. jrubbernek on December 13th, 2010 1:30 pm

guys, I bought the liverpool today, the level must never pass 10 o clock or it will clip, keep it below that and it will rock…it’s the best direct sound I’ve ever heard, I can’t to use this live. it even sounds good when you plug a headphone in the output. SWeet.

9. OrionManMatt on December 13th, 2010 2:12 pm

@jrubbernek I’ve actually been noticing this with my Sansamp Character Series pedals. I think the input cap is too small. Burg….your thoughts?

10. jrubbernek on December 13th, 2010 2:46 pm

I don’t know about you guys but I am hearing a lot of clipping on most of the settings…have a close listen

11. jrubbernek on December 13th, 2010 3:28 pm

I don’t know about you guys, but on the burg’s tele setting I am hearing some clipping…pay close attention.

12. remotecontrol1324 on December 13th, 2010 4:13 pm

Would this pedal have enough gain for a old and classic thrash metal sound?

13. Burgerman666 on December 13th, 2010 4:32 pm

Er, the ‘amplifier’ is the Liverpool and it’s being run direct to the computer. That’s why they call them ‘SansAmps.’ Sans means ‘without’ – no amp required. Get it? 🙂 I think I added a little (or a lot, depending on your taste) of reverb on the track but that’s it.

14. serseri367 on December 13th, 2010 4:39 pm

whats your amplifier and setup ?

15. Burgerman666 on December 13th, 2010 5:17 pm

Straight in brother. Check the ‘info’ and credits at the end of the clip.

16. Cholas182 on December 13th, 2010 5:20 pm

Hey man, these demos are rad. Do you just run the pedals straight into a mixer and into your computer?

17. GroovyGuitar02 on December 13th, 2010 5:38 pm

did you added some screws to your telly pickguard ? mine is bending and i thought of that …

18. Burgerman666 on December 13th, 2010 6:07 pm

Top idea sir. I’ll do that when I get a chance in the next month or so. Good thinking. Checking out your band next… 🙂

19. NoPlaceLikeHome11235 on December 13th, 2010 6:20 pm

dude, nice demo’s… just a thought……… why not make one video with each pedal in it, with comparable settings? I like the lead tones of the british, and the california…..would be good to hear them all back to back; signature artist sounds, heavy singing lead, blues and clean.. just putting it out there

I like my 5150II for Dirty and Fender Twin reverb for clean and a little fiery…… though I do use my old Triple Rec on occasion.. check out my band AKANAME, you may enjoy 🙂

20. GroovyGuitar02 on December 13th, 2010 6:56 pm