My First Solo Cessna 172 @ KLOM

January 25, 2011

Tommy Chriswell first solo and endorsement to fly solo. KLOM Wings Field. Montgomery County Aviation

Comments

25 Responses to “My First Solo Cessna 172 @ KLOM”

1. Physicspilot on January 25th, 2011 7:20 am

Hey congrats. you’ve got a supportive wife there and i must say you’re lucky.From the look of things,nothing feels greater than flying by yourself for the first time.
    Can’t wait to start my training.

**Why did you touch down so far into the runway?

2. LittleDrummer55 on January 25th, 2011 7:43 am

no traditional first solo ‘baptism’?

3. AndreasHeger on January 25th, 2011 7:51 am

CONGRATS!!!! Very Well Done! – I have the bug and going to become a Private Pilot as well. – I can’t wait

4. bradman5505 on January 25th, 2011 8:47 am

i love cessnas

5. shaun17304 on January 25th, 2011 9:09 am

i remember my 1st solo flight….and trust me you always will….very proud day in my life….bout to leave for florida to finish my inst and commercial rating…good job pilot

6. heberorozco on January 25th, 2011 9:19 am

oh man i wish i can fly, how much did you pay to get a private pilot certificate?

7. flyguy0507 on January 25th, 2011 9:34 am

1:57 Took off as a cessna and landed as a beech! lol Nice job dude!

8. 1Gaumer on January 25th, 2011 9:54 am

little floater good work !

9. pilotboy281 on January 25th, 2011 10:18 am

Man nice video i am soloing in a couple weeks can wait good luck with the rest of your flying maybe i will see you there sometime.

10. LaZyLuKe25 on January 25th, 2011 11:14 am

hey, i soloed on dec. 30th, it was great! that plane climbs like a bat outa hell! i have since solo Xcountried and practice area solo. 6 months from sunday i will be a private and hopefully instr. pilot!

11. cbarnes94 on January 25th, 2011 11:29 am

@LaZyLuKe25 me too

i have 20.9 hours and im only 15. birthdays in november so i only have to wait a couple more months. but that just means ill be more prepared.

12. windsockwaverly on January 25th, 2011 12:14 pm

Awesome Job!! I solo around the traffic pattern next week for the first time and I’m very excited. It’s awesome to see a fellow pilot succeed, job well done!

See you in the Skies,
    Waverly

13. StatingPanic on January 25th, 2011 12:21 pm

I’m at 7.0 hours and am soloing next flight 🙂

14. THExGOODxLIFE307 on January 25th, 2011 12:59 pm

@charlesthepilot Solo is 15, but we can fly dual at 14 haha I’m in the same position XD

15. LaZyLuKe25 on January 25th, 2011 1:14 pm

it gonna take me about 20-25 hours……..but it cause i started at 15…..no solo till 16

16. adslparts on January 25th, 2011 1:59 pm

Good luck on your solo. I just did mine and it’s a great feeling; something you can’t explain. It just has to be experienced.

17. szaychuk on January 25th, 2011 2:43 pm

I love your video! I am currently doing my PPL part time in Canada flying once a week and have 11.0hrs thus far. Your landings are looking a little more polished than mine are currently, though. 🙂 I should be soling in a few flights and your video makes me even more excited/anxious for it! Cheers.

18. helobelow on January 25th, 2011 3:30 pm

Yeh but it was your first solo so thats to be expected…..you did well!

19. capacityplus on January 25th, 2011 3:35 pm

I know that magic feeling. I also soloed in a 172. G-UCCG The next day I was made redundant from work after 27 years but I was still smiling as I knew the redundancy pay would help with more flying LOL.

20. charlesthepilot on January 25th, 2011 4:24 pm

i am going solo very soon canada is messed up they let us fly solo at 14 but cant get our G1 till we are 16 driving is going to seem pretty boring compared to flying i think

21. olinadeau1986 on January 25th, 2011 4:38 pm

Congradulation ! The first solo is THE ONE we all remember ! I’ll never forget mine !

22. man0633 on January 25th, 2011 4:54 pm

Tommy;

It took me 14 1/2 hours. Thought my instructor wouldn’t let me go as the weather was looking a bit grim. Had to take a break half way through the lesson as the rain arrived. The first landing after the break was a bit fast and I skidded along the grass runway. He made me do another landing which was ok, then I went solo. Grat feeling, but alas didnt get it on film.

Mike in UK

23. mekkorr on January 25th, 2011 5:11 pm

Hehe okey congratulations then! How much did it all cost? Want to take a cert aswell.

24. tommyctech on January 25th, 2011 6:06 pm

Coming in a little too hot does not help matters much either. Wings is a great field. A lot of traffic providing great experience.

25. dan64456 on January 25th, 2011 6:56 pm

Those 172’s love to balloon don’t they? Congrats! I did my first solo there as well.