Starting a Cessna 150

January 29, 2011

Here I am just starting up the old Cessna 150. This is at KASL in Marshall, TX on a sunny evening. I was really just moving the plane to wash it which made a big difference.

Comments

19 Responses to “Starting a Cessna 150”

1. helobelow on January 29th, 2011 1:51 am

@Americanpilot1228 I just came across the comments by Pilotiux and had a laugh. Yeh, he obviously doesnt know what he’s talking about. Theres a ton of them on you tube that cannot engage in intelligent conversation. I know its old news but theres alot of want to be pilots on You Tube.BTW, thank you for your service to our country! Please fly safe.

2. therabbit0 on January 29th, 2011 2:41 am

@pilotiux youre the asshole for leaving such a brainless comment.. obviously he checked his gauges.. if you have to wait 2 mins for your T’s and P’s to rise i dont think I would be flying in that thing.. Even if he didnt check his gauges it wouldnt have mattered cause he wasnt even takin it up, just moving it… you would know that if you have read the description..

3. 737FSPilot on January 29th, 2011 3:36 am

@asl1228 Take an introductory lesson. I did that in this plane and it was fun! Best of all, it’s not expensive!

4. pinkfloyd322 on January 29th, 2011 4:16 am

you did just fine man…all this crap of oil pressure and what not, take with a grain of salt and consult your POH or a CFI if you are unsure, not idiots on youtube.

One thing I do recommend to all my students is check your brakes before taxiing forward.

5. cmritchie04 on January 29th, 2011 4:26 am

Here’s what I do for start a 150 prime the engine before you do the penlight that way the fuel will vaporize in the cylinders when you start the engine way more than enough time for fuel to advantage to the vapor stages and the engine should kick over right way.

6. cmritchie04 on January 29th, 2011 4:51 am

7. TonyDog360 on January 29th, 2011 5:22 am

Would just like to weigh in on the discussion about waiting 2 minutes – that’s absolute bullshit. Both oil temp and pressure should rise almost immediately, if it doesn’t then there’s a freaking problem. Americanpilot1228 started the aircraft perfectly and pilotiux is a fucking idiot.

8. Americanpilot1228 on January 29th, 2011 6:16 am

@txjack1959 No, he don’t know anything.. He just wants to cause problems. I have flown for years…YES years, and i know what im doing. lol. WOW, people just can’t resist but to be asses to one another. I know im young but, like i said.. some people just don’t have a clue of what their talking about.. LOL

9. Americanpilot1228 on January 29th, 2011 6:17 am

@pilotiux HAHA! I just now checked this… I’ve been in US Navy bootcamp for a while so i’ve been out of it. Hey buddy… I wanna know why the fuck you gotta call me an asshole when for ONE, you have NO clue what your talking about, TWO, it’s not your airplane to correct my procedures, THREE, You don’t even know me, FOUR, I have never done a damn thing to you for you to have any reason to be a fuck-tard. SCREW YOU and Check your facts before you speak…. ASSHOLE! see how it feels?

10. txjack1959 on January 29th, 2011 7:09 am

@pilotiux maybe you are refering to the oil temp. gauge ?

11. txjack1959 on January 29th, 2011 7:36 am

@pilot865 LOL ! i know thats right !

12. helmetfire150pilot on January 29th, 2011 7:44 am

I Agree with Crazypilot123, it is even written in the c-150 poh for all years of production, 30 secs or shut the engine down and consult an AME.

13. ajd1992 on January 29th, 2011 8:16 am

Kill yourself to save yourself the embarrassment of your stupidity.

14. pilot865 on January 29th, 2011 8:29 am

@ pilotiux: You have no idea what you are talking about. I bet you have never even been behind the controls of an airplane. If you wait two minutes for your oil to rise, then I sure as hell don’t want to fly that plane

15. crazypilot123 on January 29th, 2011 8:33 am

Actually you are the dick head. The oil pressure should rise into the green within 30 secs. If it doesn’t, you shut the engine down and call an engineer. If there’s nothing wrong with the plane, the oil pressure will rise within 30 secs and you’re ready to taxi. Get your facts right before you call people ass holes!

16. pilotiux on January 29th, 2011 9:08 am

u r a stupid u have to wait just 2 minutes for cheked the pression of oil asshole!

17. Americanpilot1228 on January 29th, 2011 9:46 am

LOL, you should hear the primer on the Musketeer out there!

18. Trexokid on January 29th, 2011 10:15 am

hear the fart noise from the primer =P

19. asl1228 on January 29th, 2011 10:34 am

Cool video man! I love airplanes! I want to fly one so bad some day!