J Cichon – Sikorsky Landing – Cessna 172

February 14, 2011

FSX Flight TAKE OFF KHVN – New Haven, CT LAND – KBDR – Bridgeport, CT PILOT – J Cichon, AIRCRAFT – Cessna 172 This flight 6 minute flight features the power of Matrox TripleHead2Go graphics (4 monitors), ADD-ON software GEX, UTX, FsPassengers. Notice the highend graphics while maintaining 45 FPS. This simulator is currently under developement.

Comments

13 Responses to “J Cichon – Sikorsky Landing – Cessna 172”

1. sonicsolutionsstudio on February 14th, 2011 7:41 am

Very cool man!

2. Title27GT on February 14th, 2011 8:30 am

Regarding your headphones. If you don’t understand something, just ask them to repeat it. It’s a required skill. Luckily it sounds like you have some previous experience in real world Aviation so it won’t take long.

3. Title27GT on February 14th, 2011 9:10 am

I’m glad to hear you turned it around. Here’s the thing: turn of all of your AI traffic when you’re using VATSIM. ATC will issue you directions , not knowing about conflcits with your AI traffic. As far as ATC, New York Center will control KBDR all the way to touchdown. The BDR VOR is the seperator between New York and Boston ARTCCs. New York Approach can give you vectors into KBDR. I am a VATSIM controller (instructor). Please Contact me for any more questions regarding VATSIM. glad to help

4. Title27GT on February 14th, 2011 9:46 am

Cool, I live in Fairfield.

5. CTmusicproducer on February 14th, 2011 10:03 am

Hey Dude, i joined VATSIM… GREAT training. Gotta get up to speed on this one. Whoa, Do you find it hard to hear and copy directions there? I have great headphones but still hard to understand at times. I use it in conjunction WITH Ultimate Traffic X for blazin’ amazin’ ATC! Set up was DIFFICULT but crazy good experience. Thanks. BIG BUMMER NO ATC IN SOUTHERN CT? Very bad!

6. CTmusicproducer on February 14th, 2011 10:51 am

YES I know it is a real person speaking… BUT all the traffic in the air and ground are NOT REAL, only simmers. When I fly, I am flying in and around REAL aircraft in real time. The planes I see in air and on the ground are actually operating in real time, scheduled real flights. That CANNOT be discarded. Right now, I much rather have intelligent ATC with real traffic. UTX ATC actually holds you in real patterns! ATC is NOT computerized voices, they are actual recorded voices. Use Both???

7. Title27GT on February 14th, 2011 11:36 am

VATSIM puts you in a living, breathing world, where every pilot and every controller are real people, with real training, JUST LIKE THE REAL WORLD. In your sim, you are ALONE, with a bunch of computerized voices!

8. CTmusicproducer on February 14th, 2011 12:02 pm

Dude, i just did the research. VATSIM keeps you in live communiation with virtual ATC and pilots, or better known as “Simmers”. Ultimate Traffic X places real LIVE traffic. ATC effectively adds YOU in the mix.For my sim experience, I would MUCH rather fly among REAL WORLD traffic vs other gamers instead. It’s all in the eye of the flyer. So in amswer to your question… YES, I completely fly with FULL ATC among REAL traffic as scheduled in real airports. TRY it = AWESOME!

9. CTmusicproducer on February 14th, 2011 12:35 pm

Wait a minute… Have you ever experienced UTX? I was just released 3 weeks ago. A COMPLETE ATC experience. No, not live but TOTALLY interactive. SOOOoooo try UTX then you can give me a better overview. UTX Real traffic, REAL schedules, REAL live in air aircraft. Sometimes I sit in 20 minute REAL ground traffic. IMHO totally engaging.

10. CTmusicproducer on February 14th, 2011 12:42 pm

Hi, yes I live the KDBR area. I am really trying to build a STEALTH system and so far so good. Maintaining 40+ FPS on 4, YES 4 monitors. I have UTX, GEX, FsPassenger and now will look at VATSIM. How would tha react with the live traffic I get with UTX? Thanks for the reply!

11. Title27GT on February 14th, 2011 1:36 pm

i cant believe u are wasting that great setup on default ATC. You call urself a pilot and u dont fly on VATSIM?!?

12. Title27GT on February 14th, 2011 2:31 pm

do u live in the KBDR area?

13. Seesh on February 14th, 2011 3:22 pm