Landing Cessna T182T with first passenger

February 28, 2011

One week after graduating with my private ticket I took my wife on her first flight around Thermal in my brand new 2007 Skylane turbo. Winds calm, smooth landing.

Comments

25 Responses to “Landing Cessna T182T with first passenger”

1. N149GR on February 28th, 2011 1:24 am

The airport is Thermal (KTRM) located in the Coachella valley a few miles north of Salton Sea.

2. neopia9 on February 28th, 2011 1:54 am

What airport is this?

3. AmericanGi370 on February 28th, 2011 1:59 am

@lallenw Its not that it sucks, but the avidyne gives me nothing to play with!!! When flying long 4 hour flights, i like to flip from screen to screen, it gives me something to do and better prepares myself so i know where things are quicker. Thats why i like the Cirrus G1000 Perspective! But man, i learned how to use the Avidyne within a week. Have you heard of the new Avidyne? Its suppose to be better than the G1000.

4. lallenw on February 28th, 2011 2:36 am

@AmericanGi370 Yeah, I hear ya. I did my instrument with the G1000 then moved. I’m doing my commercial in the seminole and warrior, both of them have the Avidyne which quite frankly sucks.

5. N149GR on February 28th, 2011 2:50 am

@triumphrider97
    My average cruise speed is around 145K at 10,500MSL (for example) burning about 13 gph. Speed and aircraft costs are 2 items to consider when you think how fast you can get there. I tend to think how much do I really spend for my ride on an hourly basis considering everything and I bet my 182 is more economical to own than a Columbia 350 or similar. I always fly around mountains and you would enjoy a 182. Safe flying to you, keep touch.

6. triumphrider97 on February 28th, 2011 3:21 am

P.S. I want the T182T. What’s your normal cruise speed and fuel burn? I’m usually at 135kts and 13/gph. I used to think only about higher fuel burn, but what counts is how far you go on that fuel. Ex. 18 gph in a Columbia 350 at 190Kts vs 13-13.5 gph in a 182T at 135. The Columbia’s more efficient-less time enroute so, the higher fuel burn pays for itself. I’d think the same in a T182T not to mention the hot-prop, built in oxygen for 4, etc. I may move to the Rocky Mt region-thus my interest.

7. triumphrider97 on February 28th, 2011 3:34 am

I’ve watched this video several times-what strikes me is the precision you are flying the pattern. Nice work. I’m a PP and own a 2005 182T here in FL. I try to always fly a uniform pattern- keep the altitudes and airspeeds correct-(sometimes in crosswinds I’ll up the airspeed by 5-10 kts.) I see a lot of guys in the pattern that are high/low/way off center. And of course the “straight in finals.” I usually anticipate these folks by hearing their radio call “anyone in the pattern?” Good Flying!

8. AmericanGi370 on February 28th, 2011 3:52 am

Nice Cessna man!!! Im learning how to fly in a Cirrus SR20. I hate the avidyne, the G1000 is the way to go man!!!

9. AmericanGi370 on February 28th, 2011 4:50 am

@PSNgregiskool Most if not every cessna that has a G1000 also has a back up analog gauge under the G1000. There is the analog attitude indicator, altimeter, and the speed gauge. So you get the best of both worlds.

10. JamesCameron1 on February 28th, 2011 5:12 am

Nice landing! Right in “the zone”

11. N149GR on February 28th, 2011 6:04 am

Hello, glad to read you will get your wings soon. Please earn them with the G-1000. If you use a cell phone or any other I-device I will not understand if you don’t. The G-1000 is much more reliable than any “steam gauges” out there. Please, put all the chances on your side. Your life will depends on it. Now, don’t take my comments for it, just get out there and check this up. Talk to real pilots, just not hangars talkers.

12. PSNgregiskool on February 28th, 2011 6:58 am

@N149GR Thanks, I can’t wait ’til I get my wings, I like steam gauges better, G1000 is too reliant and steam gauges are better. but I am not a pilot yet, so what do I know. I have one question though, on a normal day what is the max G’s you will pull, or the max G’s that you can possibly take in a Cessna.

13. N149GR on February 28th, 2011 7:23 am

Dear “not a pilot” yet, I hope you will eventually get your wings. I believe Cessna only manufacture the 182 with G-1000 starting in 2004. To fly one or buy one with “steam” or analog gauges, you will have to fly an older model. My 182 is a 2007 model with all options. Glass cockpit is the future. Learning to fly with both systems is a big plus.

14. PSNgregiskool on February 28th, 2011 7:52 am

@N149GR I’m not a pilot I am just a teen, but I was wondering if there is an option without G100? Just normal analog gauges?

15. Anrboy on February 28th, 2011 8:32 am

PPL for a week and having no problem landing a 182 on the 1000′ markers… pretty impressive. nice video

16. stimpymedic on February 28th, 2011 8:48 am

Nice plane! I want one…must be like getting a sports car for your first car.

17. DeonelKumara on February 28th, 2011 9:46 am

Very nice landing!

18. TheodorKK on February 28th, 2011 10:24 am

really? thats alot!!!!

19. cessnat182t on February 28th, 2011 10:52 am

Sounds great. we have a hanger at KCHD sso we are there most days. Let me know when you plan on flying to CHD and we will meet you. Our hanger is M-9

20. N149GR on February 28th, 2011 11:28 am

Hello,
    we fly sometimes to Scottsdale and we would like to fly to Chandler and see if we can meet. Let us know.

21. cessnat182t on February 28th, 2011 11:46 am

Nice job and great landing. I took my wife out the day after I got my private. Flight from Koak to Kvis. She was afraid to fly so she ended up getting her private 5 years latter. We now have a T182T 2006 and fly out of Kchd.

22. CarMoves on February 28th, 2011 12:29 pm

~$450k

23. DominoFaz on February 28th, 2011 1:12 pm

Nice plane then, can I ask how much did it cost? Or is that a bit rude?

24. N149GR on February 28th, 2011 2:06 pm

Cessna delivers the 182 with G-1000 since 2004, so yes is the answer. It has TAWS-B and TAS also.

25. DominoFaz on February 28th, 2011 2:14 pm

Did you get the one with the G1000?