Could Pinal Airpark be a chemplane retro-fit facility?

March 18, 2011


History: Built in 1942 by the Sundt & Del Webb Construction Companies and opened in March, 1943, the facility was known as Marana Army Air Field. During World War II, the airfield was under the command of the 389th Army Air Force Base Unit, AAF West Coast Training Center and used as a training base, as part of the 50000 Pilot Training Program. Marana conducted basic flight training & the training of transport pilots in instrument flying & navigation, being the home of the 3024th (Pilot School, Basic). Chinese pilots were also trained there. Five satellite airfields were established for Marana during WW2: Picacho Aux #1, Rillito Aux #2 (currently reused as Marana Northwest Regional Airport), Coronado Aux #3, Avra Aux #4, and Sahuaro Aux #5 (currently El Tiro Gliderport).

Solo Flight Renton (KRNT) to Crest Airpark (S36) C-172

January 17, 2011


Soft field takeoff to start a flight back to Crest Airpark after practicing takeoffs and landings at Renton Municipal Airport (KRNT) Aircraft is a 1970’s Cessna 172 N5104J.

Landing 0AZ5 Castle Well Airpark

May 18, 2009

Landing Castle Well Airpark 0AZ5, Morristown Az Many 16, 2009 in N918RR

Duration : 0:9:12

Read more