Arizona Abandoned Airfield, Urban Exploration, Abandoned Military Area, USAF training military base

May 13, 2011


Arizona, Goodyear Auxiliary Army Airfield #6 was built in 1943 as one of a large number of satellite airfields for the United States Air Force, which was the largest single-engine advanced training base in the world during World War Two. According to a 1992 Army Corps of Engineers Report, the Goodyear Auxiliary #6 property consisted of a total of 1159 acres. According to the “History of Luke AFB” (obtained by David Brooks from the public affairs office at Luke AFB), Goodyear Field (#6) had three 4000′ x 300′ runways, and the construction costs for its airdrome was $263000. Among Luke’s auxiliary airfields, “Fighter & Goodyear Fields boasted the most facilities, each having separate buildings for crew chiefs, operations, supply, barracks, pit latrine, crash truck shed, generator shed and a control tower.” The earliest depiction the Goodyear auxiliary airfield which has been located was on the March 1945 Phoenix Sectional Chart (courtesy of Chris Kennedy). A 1949 aerial photo (courtesy of John Arthur) depicted the Goodyear Aux #6 airfield in its original configuration, with 3 runways & a parking ramp on the southeast side. Several small buildings were just east of the parking ramp. The site was declared excess & deeded to the State of Arizona in 1949, but was then reestablished & expanded by the Air Force later that same year. It was last used for emergency landings, dart target launchings, and as an emergency drop zone for flight training missions from Luke AFB. “Luke AF

Urban Free Flight Training

May 31, 2010


this is our parkour team training for the new video coming sooon, check it out